Going to Cabo San Lucas? Here Are Some Tips to Make Your Trip Great
If you are looking for good weather, you would be hard pressed to find a better spot than Cabo San Lucas. In the summer, the temperature range you will experience is 70 to 100 degrees Fahrenheit. In the winter, the range goes from 50 to 80 degrees Fahrenheit. Generally, the average is 78 degrees. The days are sunny and not at all humid. If you want rain, you will have to go somewhere else. The area only gets between seven and ten inches of rain each year. The weather is one reason that vacation rentals Cabo San Lucas are so popular.
If you are planning a family trip to the area, there are some things you should think about. Even if you have booked one of the many all inclusive vacation packages, you still have to get to your Cabo San Lucas resort. Here are some tips for your trip to the area:
Fly into Cabo. Flying to Cabo San Lucas is the best way to get there. The resort town of Cabo San Lucas is located about one thousand miles south of Tijuana. The easiest, by far, way to get there is to fly. If you even think about some other way, forget about it. If you have to change planes, you would do that in Mexico City but it makes very little sense to fly to Mexico City and then stop. If you are thinking that you should take a ferry across the Sea of Cortez, you should know that they go into La Paz and that is two hours away from Cabo San Lucas. The airport that serves Cabo San Lucas is the San Jose Del Cabo airport.
Be careful with what you bring. Cabo San Lucas is in Mexico and you will have to go through customs on your way in and then again on your way out. You do need a valid passport to enter Mexico and the customs agents will check it on your way into the country.
- Prescription Drugs: If you take any medication you should certainly bring it with you but only bring what you need. Customs agents will we wary if you have tons of prescriptions with you. You should bring copies of whatever documentation you have because the Mexican authorities have been known to detain people they suspect of bringing more than they need. Do not bring any guns into the country.
- Weapons: In the past, people were allowed to travel with guns but that time has past. If you have anything gun related. No one needs guns to enjoy the vacation rentals Cabo San Lucas.
Pay attention to your safety. Cabo San Lucas is a resort town but there are still some dangers.
Travel in groups: When you go out at night, you are safest when you head out with a group.
- Watch what you drink: Make sure someone is always watching your drink. According to the State Department, bar staff have been seen slipping drugs into tourists’ drinks. Of course, it is always unwise to accept drinks from people you do not know.
- Stay hydrated: Bring water with you wherever you go. Because there is so little humidity and it is so sunny, you can dehydrate easily.
- Bring and use sunscreen: It is super sunny and you will probably participate in some water activities. You get a double dose of sun on the water.
- Beware of pickpockets: Do not have all of your cash with you. All tourist areas have pick pockets and Cabo San Lucas is no different. Watch out for the other people in your group. There are so many vacation rentals Cabo San Lucas that pickpockets are always on the lookout for tourists to steal from.
- Watch the traffic: The drivers go very fast in Cabo San Lucas so be very careful when you are crossing the street. The drivers are also very aggressive. You may notice this when you are taking your taxi from the airport to your Cabo all inclusive resort.
There are a lot of things to do and that is why vacation rentals Cabo San Lucas are so much fun. Take the right precautions and your Cabo San Lucas vacation will be great.